Polenta sticks with vegan parmesan and homemade ketchup
You want a snack, and you have no idea what you could make easily, quickly, and healthy? I suggest polenta sticks with vegan parmesan and homemade ketchup, for which I have prepared a recipe for you. Give it a try and let me know your impressions.
Preparation time: 30 minutes and additional cooling time
Servings: 25-30 sticks
450 g of polenta
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup of vegan parmesan
½ tbsp dried oregano
½ tbsp dried basil
1 small bowl of homemade ketchup
1. Cook the polenta following the packaging instructions. The polenta shouldn’t be rare.
2. Immediately after cooking, pour the cooked polenta into a refractory bowl with a diameter of 20 × 20 cm. Arrange it on all corners of the dish, and put it in the refrigerator for an hour or in the freezer for 30 minutes. Polenta should be very firm and cold.
3. Remove the polenta from the refrigerator or freezer. Then cut it into rectangular shapes (sticks) to prepare for baking. Put it in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line the baking tray with paper.
5. Arrange the polenta sticks in a pan, and pour them with pre-mixed olive oil, vegan parmesan, dried oregano, and basil. Bake the bars for about 30 minutes. Turn them halfway over so that they are evenly baked.
6. Allow the polenta sticks to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan.
7. Serve them with homemade ketchup and enjoy.
Ingredients for homemade ketchup:
400 g chopped tomatoes or pelati
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 garlic clove, mashed
¼ tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp garlic powder
a pinch of sweet red pepper powder
a pinch of cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp agave syrup
1. Mix all the ingredients and cook at low temperature for 30 minutes. Stir often until the mixture thickens.
2. Blend with a stick mixer or blender until smooth and creamy.
3. Ketchup can be stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.