Blueberry oatmeal cookies
I knew these blueberry oatmeal cookies were delicious, but I didn’t know I would like them sooo much. Now all I have left to do is look at this beautiful photo, because they are all eaten. All the ingredients and specific instructions for making these cookies can be found below.
2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 5 tbsp warm water
1 cup oat flour (made from 1 1⁄4 cup oat flakes)
1 cup oat flakes (extra)
1⁄2 cup almond flour
lemon zest (about 1⁄2 tbsp)
2⁄3 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp unrefined sea salt
1⁄2 cup almond butter
1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
1⁄2 cup maple syrup or raw organic honey
1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line the baking sheet with baking paper.
2. In a cup, mix flaxseed with warm water and let it thicken for about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, 1 cup oat flakes, almond flour, lemon zest, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, mix almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup or honey and stir well. Stir in the flaxseed mixture.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients into a bowl with dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined. Add walnuts and blueberries.
6. Separate 1⁄4 cup of dough for each cookie and put them on a baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 20-22 minutes or until they turn golden brown on the edges.
7. Leave the cookies to cool down on a baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a tray. When the cookies have cooled completely, you can store them in an airtight container or freeze them.