Roasted cauliflower with rocket walnut pesto sauce
I love preparing vegetables as a main dish. This time I decided on roasted cauliflower, adding a delicious dressing of rocket salad and walnuts. Try the recipe.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
2 large cauliflower heads, cut in half
2 tbsp olive oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
pesto sauce with rocket and walnuts (for serving)
¼ cup of walnuts, finely chopped
¼ cup of hazelnuts, finely chopped
¼ cup of parsley leaves, finely chopped
¼ cup of raisins
1 tsp lemon peel, grated
¼ tsp ground red pepper
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line the pan with baking paper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan at moderate temperature, and arrange the cauliflower heads. Bake them for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
3. Put halves of cauliflower in a pan, add salt and pepper and bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
4. Mix all the ingredients for decoration in a small bowl.
5. Pour pesto sauce on a plate, add cauliflower and sprinkle with ingredients for decoration.
6. Serve and enjoy.