Champignon mushrooms with pineapple and kale pesto
You can adapt this recipe to your taste. I opted for an exotic combination with pineapple and homemade kale pesto. Trust me, you haven’t tried something like this yet.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Ingredients for marinade:
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup organic honey
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tsp sweet ground pepper
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp ground garlic
salt and black pepper to taste
3 ½ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
2-3 red and green peppers, chopped
1 cup raw brown rice
2 ½ cup water
kale pesto (recipe below)
1. Put the brown rice in water and cook for about 45 minutes. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a jar and shake it until they combine.
2. Put the champignon mushrooms in a small bowl and pour the marinade over them.
3. Heat the oven at 180 °C. Arrange peppers and pineapple separately in a pan, lined with baking paper, and bake for about 15 minutes. In the meantime, fry the champignon mushrooms in coconut oil.
4. Serve everything in a bowl with kale pesto. Enjoy.
Kale pesto ingredients:
2 cup kale, thinly sliced
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 handful of cashews
½ tsp sweet ground pepper
1. Soak the cashews overnight, then blend them.
2. Coat thinly sliced kale leaves with olive oil, then squash them to soften.
3. After that, mix the cashews and kale and add sweet ground pepper.
4. Blend all the ingredients.