Creamy asparagus pottage
Have you ever tried creamy fresh asparagus pottage? If you haven’t, here’s a recipe that will delight you. Asparagus is rich in inulin, a prebiotic that improves digestive health and stimulates weight loss.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cups celery sticks, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, mashed
1 cup baby potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
6 cups water or vegetable broth
¼ tsp black pepper
¾ tsp salt
4 cups asparagus, finely chopped
½ cup of fresh basil, finely chopped
½ cup of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
⅓ cup of cashews
1. In a pot with olive oil, simmer celery and onion at high temperature for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Lower the temperature and simmer for another 6 minutes, then add garlic and simmer until garlic is transparent. After that, add water or vegetable broth, salt, black pepper, potatoes, and cashews, and leave to boil.
2. After boiling, cover with a lid and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes until the potato softens.
3. Add asparagus, raise the temperature, leave to boil again, and then cook for 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook it, because in that case, the pottage won’t be bright green. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
4. When it cools down, pour the pottage into a blender, add basil and parsley, and blend until smooth.
5. Pour the resulting mixture into a pot and heat it. Don’t allow the mixture to boil, so the pottage doesn’t lose its bright green color.
6. Serve and enjoy.