Dates stuffed with almonds and chocolate topping
When you combine the love you feel for coconut and the affection towards dates and chocolate you get a fantastic recipe. I present you my latest obsession for which you need only 6 ingredients – chocolate, almonds, dates, ground coconut, coconut oil, and coconut cream. The recipe is below. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Servings: 20 dates
20 dates, pitted
½ cup coconut cream
¼ cup coconut, ground
20 raw almonds
Chocolate filling ingredients:
1 ½ cup vegan dark chocolate, finely chopped
2 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven at 180 °C, and then arrange almonds in the pan, previously lined with baking paper. Bake them for about 8 minutes. Leave to cool.
2. In the meantime, remove the pits from dates. Mix coconut cream and ground coconut. Make a hole in the middle of a date, and fill it with the resulting mixture.
3. Gently press roasted almonds in the middle of every stuffed date, then put it in the freezer to harden, for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour water into a small pot and leave to boil at moderate temperature. After boiling, lower the temperature. In a small metal bowl, put dark vegan chocolate and coconut oil, then carefully place the bowl in a pot with boiling water.
5. Stir until chocolate melts and combines with coconut oil, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and leave to cool for about 2 minutes.
6. Take the dates from the freezer. Dip every date into melted chocolate, put onto a plate, and sprinkle with ground coconut.
7. Put the dates back in the freezer, leave to cool, and harden for about 10 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy.