Kale and brown rice salad with lemon dressing
Kale with lemon dressing is a great recipe for strengthening the immune system, as a preparation for the body to fight viruses and bacteria that attack at this time of year. Lemon will actually help the body absorb iron from kale, thanks to a large amount of vitamin C. Besides these two ingredients, I added brown rice to make this salad saturate you.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cups kale, finely chopped
2 cups cooked brown rice
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black pepper
a handful of dried cherries
1 lemon juice
1 orange juice
⅓ cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, mashed
½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
¼ tsp salt
1-2 tsp raw organic honey
1. Pour the dressing ingredients into a small bowl, then stir until combined. Set aside the resulting dressing.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan at moderate temperature. Add kale, salt, and black pepper, then simmer for a few minutes
3. Add pre-cooked brown rice and simmer for another few minutes with kale. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. After that, add the dressing and stir until combined.
5. Sprinkle dried cherries over the salad.
6. You can serve the salad warm or cold.