This lentil mix fits perfectly with pita bread I talked about a few days ago. You can eat it as a spread or a side dish. I recommend it to vegans especially because it is a great source of proteins. Enjoy your meal!
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Lentil mix ingredients:
1-2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, mashed
1 ½ cup carrots, finely chopped
1 ¼ cup lentils, cooked
¼ cup vegetable broth or water
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sweet ground pepper
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 chili pepper, finely chopped
1-2 tsp coconut sugar or agave syrup
1-2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1-2 tsp lime juice
Baby mix salad
Chia seeds and quinoa pita-bread
A pinch of black pepper
A pinch of sweet ground pepper
1. Simmer the onions in olive oil at moderate temperature for about 4-5 minutes, until they soften and golden.
2. Add the carrots and simmer for a few more minutes, until carrots soften. Add cooked lentils, vegetable broth or water, salt, sweet ground pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, finely chopped chili pepper, coconut sugar, and nutritional yeast (optional). Stir until combined.
3. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes at moderate temperature, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until carrots soften even more. Stir occasionally and add more vegetable broth or water, if needed. Add lime juice before the end of cooking and stir.
4. Try it and adjust the taste as desired.
5. You can blend the mixture to make it more homogenous. This step is optional.
6. Spread the lentil mix on chia and quinoa pita-bread, arrange baby mix salad and avocado slices on top and sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper and sweet ground pepper.
7. Serve and enjoy.