Lentils are very healthy, so include them in your diet, especially during the winter. You can prepare various dishes with this legume, and this soup is delicious. Bay leaf, lemon, and spices make it tasty. Try the recipe and let me know your impressions.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, mashed
1 ¼ cup carrots, finely chopped
1 ¼ cup celery sticks, finely chopped
2 cups lentils
1 can pelati
6 cups vegetable broth
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
1 ½ tsp ground red pepper
2 dried bay leaves
1 lemon (peel + juice)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pot at moderate temperature. Add onion and garlic, and simmer for about 2 minutes.
2. Add celery and carrot, and simmer for about 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add all the ingredients except lemon and salt, and stir. Higher the temperature and leave to boil. Remove the foam from the surface.
4. Then, lower the temperature and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until the lentils soften.
5. Remove the bay leaves.
6. Remove the pot from heat, season with salt, lemon peel and juice, and decorate with parsley leaves.
7. Serve and enjoy.