New Year’s chocolate raspberry mousse
Sweeten up with this healthy chocolate raspberry mousse during the holidays. The base for this simple recipe of 7 ingredients is cocoa butter and cocoa powder, which form a rich chocolate base when combined. Thanks to coconut milk, mousse has an appropriate creamy texture, and dates give it the necessary natural sweetness. Try out the recipe for chocolate raspberry mousse, which you can find below.
Preparation time: 30 minutes + 4 h to cool down
½ cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp carob powder (optional)
¾ cup dark vegan chocolate, finely chopped
a pinch of salt
1 ⅕ cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp agave syrup
6-9 dates, pitted
¼ cup raspberries
1 tbsp coconut whipped cream by serving
1. In a small pot, mix cocoa powder, carob powder, dark vegan chocolate pieces, ¾ cup coconut milk, and salt, and cook everything, stirring occasionally, at moderate temperature, until ingredients melt.
2. After that, add the remaining coconut milk and stir until combined. Remove the pot from the heat, and add vanilla extract and agave syrup.
3. Pour the resulting mixture into a blender, add dates, and blend until smooth.
4. Pour it into a bowl and cover it with a lid. Leave it in the refrigerator until cool and thick – for at least 4 hours, even better overnight.
5. After that, decorate the resulting mousse with coconut whipped cream and raspberries.
6. Serve and enjoy.