Baked pumpkin oatmeal
Whatever ingredient you add to the oatmeal, you’ll feel that you prepared an entirely new dish. I added pumpkin and goji berries to this oatmeal, whose recipe you can find below, and I baked everything together in the oven. Give it a try and let me know your impressions.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
2 flax eggs (Mix 1 tsp of flaxseed with 3 tsp of hot water for one flax egg.)
⅓ cup pumpkin puree (Steam the pumpkin, then blend it.)
¼ cup agave syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted + more for coating the baking tray
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ gingerbread spice
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 ½ cup oats
¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
⅓ cup goji berries
1-2 tbsp coconut sugar, optional
coconut whipped cream
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C, and coat the ceramic baking bowl with coconut oil.
2. Mix flax eggs, pumpkin puree, agave syrup, coconut oil, salt, gingerbread spice, and cinnamon in a large bowl, and stir until combined.
3. Add almond and coconut milk and stir again. Add oats and walnuts, and mix well.
4. Pour the resulting mixture into a ceramic baking bowl. Sprinkle coconut sugar on the top, and arrange goji berries.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or the mixture gets golden, and the edges get caramelized. Take out from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
6. Decorate with coconut whipped cream and agave syrup.
7. Serve and enjoy.