Christmas forest fruit cookies
You can prepare this treat easily, and it looks amazing on the festive table. I used Christmas colors and flavors and prepared these mini cookies with chia forest fruit jam, coated with chocolate. Yummy! Look below how you can prepare these Christmas forest fruit cookies.
Preparation time: 75 minutes to prepare and 60 minutes to cool down
Servings: 4-6 cookies
¾ cup brown rice flour
½ cup quinoa flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
⅓ cup agave syrup
⅓ cup olive oil
2 small organic eggs
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened rice milk
Chia forest fruit jam ingredients:
1 cup forest fruit
¼ cup orange juice
½ tsp orange peel, grated
1 tbsp agave syrup
1 tbsp chia seeds
100 g dark vegan chocolate
¼ cup unsweetened rice milk
1 tbsp agave syrup
currant and rosemary (for decoration)
1. Preheat the oven at 180 ºC. Line the pan, 22 cm in diameter, with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix brown rice flour, quinoa flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix agave syrup, olive oil, organic eggs, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and unsweetened rice milk.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ones, and stir until combined. The resulting mixture should be liquid, but not too thin.
5. Pour the resulting mixture into the prepared pan and level.
6. Bake the crust for about 20 minutes.
7. Take the pan from the oven. Leave to cool down for a few minutes, remove the crust from the pan, and place on a flat surface.
8. Use a circle cutter (5 cm diameter) to cut the crust. You should get 11-12 circles.
9. To prepare chia forest fruit jam, pour forest fruit, orange juice, and agave syrup into a pot, and cook slowly for about 10 minutes until the fruit softens. After that, remove the pot from the heat, mash the fruit with a fork until smooth, and then add chia seeds. Leave the mixture to cool down before putting it into the refrigerator to thicken.
10. After that, put 1 tsp of chia jam on 1 crust circle, and then fold with another crust circle. Make the cookies until you use all crust circles.
11. Finely chop dark vegan chocolate and put it into a small bowl. In a small pot, warm unsweetened rice milk to the boiling point, then pour it over the chocolate and stir until chocolate melts. Add agave syrup, and pour the resulting topping over every cookie.
12. Decorate cookies with currants and rosemary.
13. Serve and enjoy.