Vegan tzatziki is just as delicious as the standard recipe for this dressing. If you like coconut, this one may be even tastier. Instead of cow’s, I used coconut yogurt, for which I also wrote you a recipe. Look below for precise instructions.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
½ cucumber, unpeeled and grated
1 ½ cup coconut yogurt (Recipe is below.)
3 garlic cloves, mashed
¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black pepper
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
a few blueberries
½ handful of walnuts
a few carrot sticks
1. Finely grate cucumber and strain it. After straining, you should have ¼ cup of cucumber.
2. Pour coconut yogurt in a large bowl, then add strained cucumber, garlic, dill, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Stir until combined.
3. Serve and enjoy.
Coconut yogurt ingredients:
1 ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
2 probiotic capsules
1. Shake the coconut milk well. Open it and pour it into a clean, sterilized, dry glass jar or bowl.
2. Pour the content of the probiotic capsules into yogurt, then use a wooden or plastic spoon for mixing. The metal spoon could negatively react with probiotics. 3. Stir until creamy and smooth.
4. Cover the mixture with gauze and secure it with a rubber band.
5. Leave the yogurt in a warm place for 24 to 48 hours. The longer it stays, the denser it will be.
6. When the yogurt reaches the desired density, cover it with a lid and leave it in the fridge to cool down. Cooling will also thicken it additionally.